How To Use Site Styles
Site Styles help save time and provide consistency throughout your website by allowing you to create default settings for your text, links, menu, and buttons as well as modify your site's color scheme. Take a look at the video and steps that follow below to learn how...
How To Use Site Styles
- From the WebStarts page editor, click the Design icon on the sidebar, then select Site Styles.
- Site Styes are broken down into three categories:
- Headings - You can create default settings for your heading text boxes, which are broken down into Heading Large, Heading Medium, and Heading Small tags. For each tag you can set a default font, size, style (weight), color, line height, letter spacing, and case.
- Paragraphs - Likewise, you can set default settings for paragraph text boxes, which are also broken down into Paragraph Large, Paragraph Medium, and Paragraph Small. Just like with headings, you can set a default font, size, style (weight), color, line height, letter spacing, and case.
- Default - You can set a default font, size, style (weight), and color for other elements that do not already have special formatting applied. For instance, this would apply to elements like contact forms, the guestbook, and the Blog and Store.
- Hyperlinks - You can set a default link color and hover color as well as choose whether to underline links or underline while hovering.
- Menu - Set the font, size, style and case for your site's navigational menu. Note, if your site doesn't have a menu, you can click + Add > Menu to add the menu to your site.
- Buttons - Set the font, size, style and case for your site's button links.
- Color Scheme - Choose a pre-set color scheme for your site or hover over a color scheme and click the pencil ('edit') to create a custom color scheme.
- Note, styles update automatically throughout the website when you click the Update button, but an element may not update if you have previously applied special formatting to it. If you update a site style and wish to not have the update apply, be sure to undo or refresh the editor without saving.
- When editing text you have the ability to select from any of the 6 preset heading and paragraph styles, but keep in mind you can always override a style and apply any formatting to any particular text box however you wish.
Can't find what you're looking for? You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.