Verify Your Site With Bing Webmaster Tools
If you are wanting to use Bing Webmaster Tools for your website, you will be required by them to verify you are the owner. Take a look at the steps below to see how that is done...
If you have not yet created one, you will need a Microsoft account:
- Visit https://account.microsoft.com/about to create your Microsoft account.
- Once created and you have logged in, go to http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and click the Sign In button to access your Bing Webmaster Tools account.
- Add your website by entering the complete URL in to the Add a Site field and then click the Add button.
- Fill out the fields provided and click Save to add your site to your Bing Webmaster Tools account.
Now that you have added your site, you will now be asked to Verify ownership of the domain name:
- Using Option 2 provided, copy the provided Meta tag to your clipboard by highlighting the entire tag and then Right Click > Copy with your mouse or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C
- Login to your WebStarts account and click to edit the Home page.
- Click the Edit tab, followed by Edit HTML.
- From the HTML Code dialog box, click the View Page Head tab in the left panel and then paste the Meta tag in to the space provided using Right Click > Paste or by using the shortcut Ctrl+V and then save the page.
- Go back to your Bing Webmaster Tools account and click the Verify button located at the bottom of the page.
Your site should now be verified and you should now be able to manage it within the Bing Webmaster Tools account.
Can't find what you're looking for? You can email email@example.com for additional support.