Add Google Analytics To Your Website
You can easily add Google Analytics to your web pages to help track the behavior of your website visitors.
- Start by Logging in to your Google Analytics account by going to http://google.com/analytics and click the Sign in link, followed by the Google Analytics tab and sign in using your Google Account.
- If you do not yet have an account, click the Sign up button to create one.
- From within your Analytics account, click the Admin tab followed by Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Scrolls down to the Website tracking box, highlight the entire snippet of code provided and then copy it to your clipboard.
- With the code copied to your clipboard, login to your WebStarts account and edit the page you wish to add the code to. Note: You will need to add this code to each and every page you wish to track using Google Analytics.
- From within the editor, click Add+ followed by Embed Code and paste the code in to the box provided and click OK.
- You should now see the code on the page, represented by a transparent box. Move this box anywhere on the page, making sure it is not covering a clickable element and then save the page.
That's all there is to it. Be sure to copy steps 5 and 6 above for each of your other pages you wish to track and you will be all set to start tracking all of your site's traffic.