How To Create A Subdomain For Your Website
You can now create your own custom subdomain for your site with just a few easy steps. Take a look at the video and steps below to see how...
How To Create Your Own Custom Subdomain
- From your account dashboard, click the dropdown arrow at the top/right and select My Domains.
- Click the pencil icon next to your domain name to edit your domain, then click DNS Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom section and choose Subdomain from the "Type" dropdown.
- Enter what you want the subdomain to be in the "Subdomain" field.
- Use the "Point to Site" dropdown menu to select another website on your account which will be the site for your subdomain, then click Create.
- If your domain is pointing to our name servers (ns1.webstarts.com; ns2.webstarts.com), then there is no need for any further action. If your domain is pointing to another providers name servers, be sure to add a new CNAME to your DNS that points to subdomains.secure.website.
That's all there is to it. The new subdomain URL should work within about 15 minutes and your account dashboard will automatically update with the new link as well.