Setting Up Shipping In Your Online Store
If you're selling items in your store that will need to be shipped, you'll need to set up the shipping rules and rates for those items. Check out the steps and video below to see how...
- From within your WebStarts account dashboard, click the Store panel to manage your Store.
- Click the Shipping tab located in the left side bar of your Store Management panel.
- Click the Edit pencil icon to edit an existing Shipping Rule, or click the Add Rule button to create a new one.
- Enter the Rule Name and then choose the geographic location(s) this rule applies to.
- Choose how your shipping will be calculated from the Shipping Calculation drop down.
- UPS - This is going to be the most hassle free way to set up shipping. This method uses the UPS shipping calculator to determine your shipping cost based on the weight of the item(s) sold.
- Free Shipping - Choose this option to offer free shipping on all items to your customers.
- Flat Rate - Choose this option if you would like to charge flat rate for any item sold.
- Rate by Weight - Set up custom tiered shipping rates based on the weight of the item(s) sold.
- Rate by Price - Set up custom tiered shipping rates based on the overall price of the item(s) sold.
- Rate by Quantity - Set up custom tiered shipping rates based on the number of the item(s) sold.
Once you have your shipping calculation all set, click the Update Shipping Rule button to save your Shipping Rule.
NOTE: When creating your products, be sure to turn the Shipping option on to ensure your shipping rates are calculated on checkout for that item.