Importing Your Wordpress Blog To WebStarts
WebStarts provides an easy way to import your Wordpress Blog to your WebStarts Blog. Check out the video and steps below to see how...
Exporting your Wordpress Blog
- Login to your Wordpress account and click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Site Tools section at the bottom of the page and click Export.
- Click the Export All button to export the entire Blog. An email will then be sent to the address associated with your Wordpress account once the export has been finished.
- Open up your email and locate the email from Wordpress. Click the Download button provided to download the exported blog and then unzip the file.
Importing your Wordpress Blog to WebStarts
- From within your WebStarts account dashboard, click the Blog panel to open and manage your Blog.
- In the upper right corner, click the Drop Down followed by Import Wordpress
- Click the Choose File followed by the Upload icon in the file manager and select and upload the exported Wordpress file. NOTE: The exported file will be an XML file, ending in .xml
- Once uploaded, click to select it and then click the Insert File button to start the import process.
* Keep in mind that depending on how large the Wordpress blog was, it may take some time to fully process and import the exported blog.
Once the import is complete, you will see Congratulations! Your blog has been imported and your Wordpress Blog posts will now be available within your WebStarts Blog