Transferring Your Domain Name To WebStarts
In the event you chose to add an existing domain name to your website, you are going to want to transfer that domain name to us as soon as you can.
The first thing you will want to do (if not already done) is edit the Name Servers for your domain name to point to ours. This would be done with the company where you originally registered the domain. You can find our Name Servers listed below…
Once complete, the domain name should start working with your WebStarts built website within a few hours, but could take as long as24 to 48 hours.
Transferring your domain
Check out the video and steps below to see how to transfer your domain name from your current registrar to WebStarts...
To be completed with your current domain provider
Before you begin the domain transfer, you must first ensure that the Admin email for your domain name is set to an email address you can access. This is the email that will be used for all communication regarding your transfer, and if you are unable to receive these emails, the transfer will fail. This is done under the domain registration information settings where you have the domain name registered currently.
- Ensure the admin email for the domain name is set to an email which you can access.
- Unlock your domain and ensure privacy for the domain is turned off.
- Request the transfer authorization code.
To be completed from your WebStarts account dashboard
- Click the My Domains tab, located in the drop down found in the upper right corner of your account dashboard.
- Edit the domain you wish to transfer in by clicking the appropriate pencil icon listed next to it.
- Click the Transfer To WebStarts link to initiate your domain transfer to initiate the transfer
- Once initiated, an email to authorize the transfer will be sent to the email address you have set as the admin email for the domain name.
- When you receive the Transfer Authorization email from us, open that email up, choose the option to authorize the transfer and enter the transfer authorization code provided by your domain registrar.
Once authorized, the transfer usually completes within 7 to 10 days. If you have any questions above and beyond what has been discussed on this page, please reach out to our support team and we would be happy to help.