Setting Up Stripe With Your Store
In addition to WePay and Authorize.net, you can choose to set up Stripe as your merchant processor within your WebStarts Store. Check out the video and steps provided below for help creating a new Stripe account or connecting your existing Stripe account now...
- From your WebStarts account dashboard, click the Store panel to manage your Store.
- Once open, click the Settings tab in the left hand side bar.
- Scroll down to the Payment section and choose Stripe under the Payment Processor drop down and then click Update.
- Click the link provided in the red banner to create a new Stripe account or connect your existing one as detailed below...
Connecting An Existing Stripe Account
Check out the video and steps below if you have an existing Stripe account you would like to connect to your WebStarts Store.
- Click the Sign In link provided and then enter the email address and password associated with your Stripe account and then click Sign in to your account.
- A Verification code will be sent to the phone number associated with your account. Enter that during this step and then click Sign in to your account.
- Once signed in you will see a message indicating that your Stripe account has been successfully connected.
- Click to Close and your Store should be ready to accept payments through your Stripe account.
- NOTE: For any issues getting logged in to your existing Stripe account, please reach out to Stripe support for assistance.
Creating And Activating A New Stripe Account
If creating a brand new Stripe account, you'll need to fill out the form provided, making sure to have the following information available before you begin: Social Security or Employee ID Number | Bank account and routing numbers | Phone number that can accept text verification.
- Business Information
- Enter your Business Address and phone number.
- Choose the type of business from the drop down provided and then enter either your Social Security or Employee ID Number.
- Select the industry your business is in from the drop down, provide a brief description about what is it you do or sell, and then select how long after payment your customer will typically receive their purchased goods and/or services and then how much you expect to process in a given year.
- Personal Information
- Enter your legal name, your phone number, date of birth, the last 4 digits of your SSN, and your home address.
- Credit Card Statement Details
- Enter a valid descriptor so your customers can easily identify who charged their card.
- Provide a good phone number your customers can use to get billing support.
- Bank Account Information
- Provide the Routing number and Account number for the bank account you would like to have your payments sent to.
- Two-Step Authentication
- Click the Get text message button, enter your mobile number and then click Confirm phone number.
- Enter the verification number sent and then click Confirm.
- NOTE: Be sure to save the emergency backup code in a secure place to be used should you,lose access to your mobile device.
- Enter the email address and password you would like to use for your Stripe account and then click the Authorize access to this account button.
- NOTE: You will be sent an email to verify the address used above. Make sure to click the verification link provided to verify you used a valid email address.
- Before being taken to your Stripe dashboard, you will be sent a phone verification as part of the two-step authorization set up above. Be sure to enter the verification code provided when sent and you should be set.
Whether connecting an existing Stripe account, or creating a new one, once you complete the steps above you will be ready to start accepting payments through your WebStarts Store.