Renewing Your Domain Name
WebStarts provides 1 free domain name credit when you upgrade your website to either a Pro Plus Plan or a Business Plan. This credit allows you to register a brand new domain name for 1 year or add an existing domain name that you would then be able to transfer to WebStarts for free. After the first year, the domain name will be renewed at a rate of $29.95/year. This renewal will occur automatically 30 days prior to the expiration of the domain name and will use the credit card you have on file to do so. Should you wish to be invoiced for your domain instead of having it automatically renewed, simply remove any credit card(s) that you have on file.
If not automatically renewed, you can renew your domain name manually from within the Billing section of your WebStarts account dashboard. Check out the steps below to see how...
- From within your WebStarts account dashboard, click the drop down in the upper right corner.
- Select the Billing option to access the Billing section of your account.
- Under the Product column, locate the domain name invoice for which you want to renew.
- Click the Pay Now link located under the Action column and complete checkout to renew your domain name.
NOTE: If your domain name was allowed to expire prior to paying the renewal invoice, in most cases it will be renewed and be back online within a few minutes of being paid. That said, there are a couple conditions where that will not be the case...
- Domain name has been expired for longer than 40 days, but less than 70 days and is in 'Redemption' status - In this event, we can get the domain name back, but there would be an additional fee of $80 required to redeem the domain name. Contact the WebStarts support team ASAP if you would like to pay to redeem your domain name.
- Domain name has been expired for longer than 70 days - After 70 days, the domain name is deleted from our access and we no longer have the ability to renew it. It's possible we can re-register it for you, but only if released to the public and it has not been registered by anyone else. Contact the WebStarts support team to find out what your options are in this case.
If you have any questions about how to renew a domain name or when that occurs, be sure to reach out to our support team and we would be happy to help out.