Connecting Mailboxes Hosted Elsewhere
When connecting an existing domain name to a WebStarts website by updating your name servers to ns1.webstarts.com and ns2.webstarts.com you will need to add your existing MX records to WebStarts before mailboxes hosted on other services will work. Check out the steps below to see how to update your MX records...
Remove WebStarts MX record:
- Login to your WebStarts account and head to the My Domains page, located within the drop down menu at the upper right corner.
- Click the Pencil icon next to your domain name.
- Click DNS Settings.
- The first section shows the existing DNS records and the second section allows you to add new records. Be sure to delete the default WebStarts MX record by clicking the checkbox next to the record under the Delete column, then click Update.
Enter your own MX record:
- To add your own MX record, select MX(Mail Exchange) from the "Type" drop down menu.
- Leave the Host Name field blank.
- Paste in the value of your MX record in the Mailserver Hostname field.
- Enter the number for the "Distance" or "Priority" in the MX Distance field.
- Click Add New Record.
Note: Any change you make to your DNS can take some time to resolve. Usually you will see these changes within a few hours, but it can take up to a full 48 hours to fully propagate.
Can't find what you're looking for? You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.