Setting Up A Client
To setup a new client within your WebStarts Designer Platform, check out the video and steps below...
- From your WebStarts account dashboard, click the Designer Platform tab from the drop down in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the Add New Client button to create the new client.
- Enter the First Name and Last Name of the new client.
- Enter the email address for the new client in the Email Address field. This email is what is used to allow the client to login to manage their own website.
- Enter a new Site Title for the site. This will be part of the client's website URL until a domain name is added.
- Click the Next button to continue.
Choose how you would like to create the site for this client...
- Start with Template
- From the Create New Website page, click the Start with Template panel.
- Click to Preview and then Select to choose one of the available website templates to complete the new Client set up.
- Start with AI
- From the Create New Website page, click the Start with AI panel.
- Answer the questions provided and upload images as desired in the subsequent steps to create your site.
- Browse through the available AI site designs by clicking the Remix button in the upper right corner.
- Once you are happy with the selected design, click the Continue button in the upper right corner to complete the new Client set up.
- Set a Password for the client - If you want to allow the client to login to the manage their own website, you will need to set them up with a password...
- Click the drop down to the right of the client you wish to provide access.
- Click the Edit Client tab.
- Enter the password for the client in the Change Password field.
- Re-enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click the Update Client button to complete the changes.
This completes the creation of the new client. To make sure your new client can access and manage their their website, you will need to provide them with the link to login to your Designer Platform dashboard, as well as the email address and password chosen when creating the client.