Setting up your Designer Platform
The first time you access your WebStarts Designer Platform, you'll encounter a few steps to help you to get your Designer Dashboard set up. The Designer Dashboard is the de-branded version of the WebStarts dashboard that your clients will see when they login to manage their website. Check out the video and steps below to get set up now...
- From your WebStarts account dashboard, click the Designer Platform tab from the drop down in the upper right corner of the page.
- Note: If you haven't yet added the Designer Platform to your account, you can do so now.
- Designer Info - This will be the Name and Phone Number you would like displayed within your Designer Dashboard.
- Enter the name of your Web Design Business in the Business Name field.
- Enter the Phone Number where your clients can reach you in the Phone Number field.
- Once complete, click the Next button to continue.
- Upload your logo - If you have a logo you would like to use, you will upload that here. If you don't have one or prefer not to use one, you can skip this step by simply clicking the Next button. The WebStarts branding will be removed from your Designer Dashboard either way.
- Click the Add/Update Designer Logo button.
- Locate your logo image on your computer and double click to add.
- Once uploaded click the Next button to continue.
- Choose a Domain - Choose to register a brand new domain name, or use one you have previously registered elsewhere. The domain you choose will be used not only as the name for your own Web Design website, but will also be what you give to your clients for them to login to their website dashboard.
- Click the Add Domain Name button.
- Register A New Domain Name - Select the I want a brand new domain name for my website option.
- Enter the domain name you would like to use and choose the domain name extension.
- Click Check Availability to make sure the domain name is available to be registered.
- If available, click the Register This Domain button to complete your registration.
- Add Your Existing Domain Name - Select the I already own a domain name and would like to use it option.
- Enter your previously registered domain name you would like to use and choose the domain extension.
- Click the Continue button to add your existing domain name to your Designer Platform.
- Set Up Site Management Link - This will be the link your clients will use to login to and then manage their website within your Designer Platform.
- Once you have added your domain name, click the Settings tab located at the top of your Designer Dashboard.
- Click the Edit pencil icon to the right of your default client login link.
- Enter the Sub-Domain you would like to use in the left hand field (Manage will be used and is recommended by default).
- Choose the domain name you would like to use from the domain name drop down on the right hand side.
- Click the Update button to save your new client login link.
- Note: These changes can take a little time to fully propagate so the new link may not work instantly.
That completes the Designer Platform setup. Should you wish to make changes to any of the above going forward, you can do so from the Settings tab at any time located at the top of your Designer Platform Dashboard.