Transferring Your Domain Name
In the event you chose to add an existing domain name to your website, you are going to want to transfer that domain name to us as soon as you can.
How do I transfer a domain name to my new website?
You will need to have your domain name unlocked and your authorization code sent to you before we can initiate the transfer. This would be done with your current domain registrar. Once unlocked and you have the authorization code in hand, let us know and we will get the transfer initiated. When we initiate a transfer from our end, you will be sent an email that will ask you to confirm that you do want to complete the transfer and it will ask you to enter your authorization code. Once confirmed the transfer should be complete within 7 to 10 days at the most.
How do I transfer a domain name to a new domain registrar?
Take a look at the following steps to transfer your domain name to another provider.
- Click the 'Manage Domains' tab from within your account dashboard.
- Click the Pencil icon next to the domain name you wish to transfer.
- Select the 'Public' radio button next to 'Domain Privacy' to allow for the authorization code to be sent.
- Select the 'Unlocked' radio button next to Domain Locking followed by 'Save' to unlock the domain.
- Click the 'Send Authorization Code' link to have your domain name authorization code sent to your email address.
Once you have completed these steps, provide this information to your new domain registrar and they will be able to take care of the rest.
How do I unlock my domain name?
Just about any change you make to your domain name will first require you to unlock it. Domain locking is provided to ensure that no changes can be made unless you explicitly want to make them.
To unlock your domain name, click the 'Manage Domains' tab from within your account dashboard and click the Pencil icon next to the domain name you wish to edit. From here, select the 'Unlocked' radio button next to Domain Locking and click Save. Your domain name is now unlocked allowing you to now make changes to it. Don't forget to lock your domain again by selecting the 'Locked' radio button and click save once you are done making the required changes.